National Refill Day is an awareness campaign that aims to create a new social norm amongst the UK public for refilling on the go – to save money, keep us hydrated and prevent millions of single-use plastic bottles at source!
On Wednesday 19th June, we celebrated our second successful
National Refill Day!
Thanks to your support we:
- Reached an estimated 73 million on social media alone
- Were trending on twitter ALL DAY
- Had over 30 events held across the UK in honour of National Refill Day, including a parliamentary reception with Water UK, which was attended by 100+ parliamentarians
- Signed up 6 new major nationwide chains including Greggs and Sweaty Betty
- Reached over 160,000 app downloads – meaning more people than ever before are finding drinking water on the go
- Added over 1,500 new Refill stations to the app making it easier than ever to find a free refill
- Launched 15 new fountains across the UK
- Secured over 90 pieces of media coverage including features in the Metro and The Sun and shout outs on BBC 6music, Classim FM and BBC R2
- Had support from over 100 organisations who helped us spread the word about the Refill Revolution
- Saw more than 20 influencers, ranging from wildlife presenter Liz Bonnin, to actress Caitriona Balfe, get involved on social media – reaching their 9.5 million combined followers
- Got 30+ partners and chains to support on their digital channels including an email to Costa’s 5.5 million customers
- Reached more than 3 million people through digital advertising
We were blown away with the results and it’s all thanks to our amazing Refill Schemes, volunteers, partners and YOU are supporters. A HUGE thanks to each and every one of you for your support on the day and as the Refill campaign continues to grow.
Together, we’re challenging the current norm to buy bottled water on the go by making sure everyone, everywhere know how it easy it is to fill up when out of the house. We’re proving that as a nation, we have #GotTheBottle to ditch single-use plastic and switch to reusables!
Thank you from the bottle of our hearts 💙
Whether you’re an organisation or individual, you can be a part of the Refill Revolution by downloading the Refill app, registering as a station or finding your nearest, setting up a Refill scheme in your area and refilling as you go!
Together we can make a difference — our individual actions have a global impact.
The Refill team x